Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Music Recording and ADR (Automated Dialogue Replacement)

Here is a clip of a recent project. All the recording was done by me. I isolated the vocalist in a booth using a Neumann U87 as a cardioid microphone. I then used a side chain compression technique with my out board gear which was the Avalon 737. After I added EQ to his main vocals and the compression vocal track. The compression vocal track slightly panned to the right and up half as loud as the main vocals. After creating the main vocal stem I then applied online volume automation to give the vocals a realistic sound by replicating the changes in sound pressure coming from his voice. I then inserted my Ozone by Isotope plug in onto the main stem and began applying my mastering techniques onto the over all mix. The built in class A tube pre amp in the Avalon and the large diaphragm on the U87 combined really gave me that warmth and punch I was looking for in the talents vocals. All inputs were tracked into the Duality SSL board. I bypassed the on board SSL compression, and used the Avalon 737 instead.
       
          

No comments:

Post a Comment