Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Most Recent Project in Music Recording

This is the most recent project I've worked on for artist Errol Space (R&B and Pop Sensation) from North Hollywood. The track was produced by Guru Doug. The song is written by Errol Space. Everything was recorded, mix and mastered by Victor Nguyen (2riffick). This song is real interesting. When you listen to it, you think its a love song about a certain individual, but its actually about mother nature. In this session I used a Studio Project C1 cardioid condenser microphone, going into a dbx type IV pre amp side chained with the Pre Sonus studio channel to get that warmth from its class A built in vacuum tube. The outcome was just as expected. I had to adjust the compression / parametric EQ controls accordingly on the Pre Sonus Studio channel, but once I did that, the sound was flawless. I beefed up the lead vocals with some of the techniques I spoke about on my blog titled "Create a Fuller Sound on Your Lead Vocals in Your Mix". This project was tracked, mixed and mastered by Victor Nguyen.

No comments:

Post a Comment