Monday, February 23, 2015

My Sound Design Work on The Animated Movie "Sintel"


Here is a short clip played after an introduction that I've created with my logo. All the sound fx, foley,  music scoring and environmental sound is designed by me. During the fight scene I chose to use a lot of foley, and no music so that the audience can feel how intense the battle is between these two individuals. You can hear the breathing, the footsteps, the wind blowing through the mountains, and the metal of the swords banging as they fight for the death. All sounds were recorded and designed by me, through Pro Tools 11 DAW (digital audio workstation). With Pro Tools I inserted a virtual instrument Rewired with Reasons Propellerhead and used a 88 key MIDI controller to punch in my sounds and create my music over my previously made spotting session. The microphones that I've used for this particular project was the Neumann U87, a pair of AKG C414's, and the Earth Works. These audio signals went straight to my interface which is equipped with class IV dBx preamps while having the Waves Fairchild Plug in by universal audio inserted into my DAW system. Enjoy the show and don't forget the popcorn.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment