Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Music Recording, Dialogue Recording / Editing and Dialogue

This is another music video that I've done some ADR (automated dialogue replacement) work on. I also created and composed the music myself. For this particular project I used a Audio Technica 4050, which is a condenser mic with multiple polar patterns. The polar pattern I used to record the vocals from the talent shown in this music video was a cardioid. Dynamic effects were applied to the audio through digital plug ins inserted into my DAW (digital audio workstation). There were no external hardware devices used for dynamic effects on this particular project besides the on board pre amps on the Pre Sonus studio live mixing console. I captured the live recording for this project through the mixing console as well, but decided to trash that, and re recorded all talent editing dialogue through post production. I didn't want to make the dialogue sound like it was completely clean and clear due to the fact that I wanted to give the listener the sound of them actually performing in a basement. I used some reverberation and EQ to give that perception. Ive always felt that it works better to go the ADR route when sound designing dialogue for music videos.



No comments:

Post a Comment